As we enter a new season as a Lab community, with a focus on encouraging experimental forms of church and mission, we’re also entering into a new season with the Lab blog.
Over the coming weeks, you’ll see more of the usual updates on how our different communities are growing, developing and evolving, and how you can support. But we’ll also be throwing in more and more new blogs posts about pioneer ministry and mission.
These posts will fit into four new categories:
1. The Mission of God
Posts about missional theology and spirituality, that ask questions like:
- What is mission?
- How can we sustain ourselves spiritually on mission?
2. Understanding Culture
Posts about current cultural trends and listening to your context, asking questions like:
- What is culture and how does it work?
- What are current cultural trends and political issues in the UK?
- How can we listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying in our contexts?
3. Exploring Discipleship
Posts about exploring spirituality and discipleship in the context of new forms of church and mission. They will ask questions like:
- How can we explore spirituality in ways which are contextual?
- What makes someone a disciple of Jesus?
4. Forming Church
Posts about growing mature, contextual Christian communities, which ask questions like:
- What shape should church take in different contexts?
- What shape could worship, pastoral care and the sacraments take in a new form of church?
- How can new forms of church relate to the wider Church in healthy ways?
Our hope is that posts like these will provide a resource for others who are on the pioneer journey, as well as helping our Lab pioneering community to learn and share ideas together.