I’m currently working my way through Out and Out: Way-Out Community Work by Dave Andrews, which is really interesting and challenging.
1. What is the community that I feel called to live in more faithfully?
2. How can I connect with the people in my community more effectively?
3. How can I empty myself to make more time and space for others?
4. How can I best use my knowledge and skills to serve other people?
5. What can I gladly sacrifice today to show substantial compassion to people in my community, that won’t make me resentful, bitter or twisted, if it is not reciprocated, appreciated or acknowledged?
They’re incredibly simple, practical questions, but ones which open us up to the possibility of being present with others in new ways.