It’s now less than two weeks until the Newport mission shaped ministry course begins.
So far we’re looking to have a good number of people join us from our Lab communities, from other churches across Newport and several people travelling in from the surrounding area. But there’s still room for a few more.
To get an idea of what msm is like, check out this video from participants on the Adelaide msm course in Australia:
In case you’re still making your mind up, here’s ten good reasons you shouldn’t miss out on this great opportunity:
If you’re planning a new form of church or mission…
1. mission shaped ministry will talk you through the whole process of beginning something new, starting with vision and listening to your context, and financing the whole thing.
2. The msm course will give you a chance to meet likeminded people to bounce your ideas off.
3. Because msm works best when a few of you do it together as a team, it’s a great way to grow as a core team and find a shared vision.
If you’re a Church Leader…
4. msm will give you tools to engage your existing congregation in mission and empower lay people to work together as a team.
5. It’ll enable the key lay people you bring with you to think missionally about their roles.
If you’re want to know more about fresh expressions and pioneer ministry…
6. On msm you’ll learn all about the models, methods and theological underpinnings behind pioneer ministry through units like gospel and culture and the mission of god.
If you’re exploring Christian leadership…
7. msm is packed full of teaching about personal and ministerial formation, including units on your sense of vision and call, how to work in a team and leadership skills.
8. The course will give you a chance to explore your own sense of vocation and calling, and get a sense of your gifts and talents.
9. You’ll also have the opportunity to reflect on church, mission and leadership in the light of contemporary culture.
If you’re already involved in leading or sustaining a new form of church…
10. You’ll have the chance to listen to others and explore some of the important elements of sustaining a fresh expression like the place pastoral care, worship and the sacraments.
There’s still a few places left to join us for msm Newport, if you book asap. We’re really excited about journeying and experimenting together over the next year.
And if you aren’t based near Newport, here’s a list of msm courses across the UK and further afield that you could join in with.